Sunday, August 26, 2018

Hanging with a Beast by Daphne Loveling


If I thought that Daphne Loveling was going to slow down and give my heart a rest after Thorn, I was absolutely wrong.  From the first page, I was hooked.  The sense of adventure in this book is outstanding but it also pulled at my heartstrings as the book continued.  Beast is filled with passion and fire but also a real heart where bad things happen but people become survivors.  
Beast, himself is everything an alpha male should be.  He's strong and stubborn with a way to fire up arguments as well as the sheets while still showing that protective nature and that he truly cares for not only Brooke but his M.C. family.  Brooke isn't a damsel in distress though she is far from stiff.  She is strong and caring and not afraid to cry while allowing Beast to protect and comfort her without it appearing that she is a weak come save me girl.  Brooke is definitely all woman and matches Beast's alpha maleness perfectly.  As always, the side characters are interesting and make you want them to have their own stories.  As I mentioned in an earlier, I love Jewel as well as the other characters who have already shined in their own books.  I even liked Lemy's character even though my heart goes out to him.  Mrs. Loveling actually keeps the scenery in town consistent within her books inserting Sydney's coffee shop, The Golden Cup in this book as well as the hospital where Isabel works and Twisted Pipes and the tattoo shop the Lords frequent.  Those businesses give Tanner Spring a heart.  The bad guys are especially bad in this book. Daphne Loveling has made a great story.  She's also made sure my list of book boyfriends have grown with every book.  Beast is heart-poundingly hot!  
I would obviously not recommend this for kiddos but for anyone who likes motorcycles, hot guys and strong females with a lot of action and emotion, I suggest you read it.  You will not be disappointed.  

Book Cover Rating: An inch from the sun's rays hot!  
Book Rating: Thorn made me drink 100 proof Irish Whiskey.  For Beast I'm going for 140 proof Moonshine

No comments:

Post a Comment