Saturday, August 11, 2018

Falling in love with a man called Ghost by Daphne Loveling

I started this series with a little anxiously because it is an M.C. Romance.  I want to explain that.  I worry when I start any M.C. series because though I know it is fiction, I want there to be some very real elements to it.  The reason is because bikers are a huge part of my life.  My favorite babysitter was a biker.  I have friends who are bikers and I married into a family full of bikers.  In other words, some of my favorite people are bikers.  So, the elements that I look for are not just the badass characters on motorcycles.  Don't get me wrong.  It should definitely be there but M.C. romances should have more than that.  You should have a sense of family that is encompassed in the biker element.  The men and women should have human emotions because after all, they are human.  There should be loyalty because it is a HUGE part of all of it.  The characters should have depth.  In other words, they have to have different personalities and not just the I'm an alpha male and that's all there is to me.  Whether you understand it or not, it is important to me that bikers are represented well.
  
So, I started this series with a bit of worry.  I opened Ghost and smiled.  The family element is there from the beginning with Angel and Jenna and her son, Noah.  It immediately made me invested in the story.  Ghost is hot but he also well-developed and as I read, I could see the difference between him and his brothers.  Daphne Loveling did well describing the club family and the loyalty that binds all of them.  It is well-written and the town that she created is believable.  This is another problem I've found with M.C. Romances.  Their territory must be believable.  There are places of business and the clubs own businesses.  Their members own businesses.  Their Ol' Ladies work.  The town is an integral part of building the story.  The town itself is as important as the characters because they are protecting their town. So, it must be well-described.  The love between Ghost and Jenna is scorching hot and it's not an insta-romance.  I have nothing against insta-romances but in this story there needed to be a slow burn because there is a past there.  Another part I was happily surprised with is how she described the clubhouse and what goes on in the clubhouse.  She made sure that the kids of the members were welcome and they weren't non-existent.  I've seen this in only two series so far.  (I really need to give more M.C. romances a chance)  This is a very real thing that happens.  Families do go to the clubhouses and that often includes children.  So, to say that I love this book is an understatement.  There was some relief with it too.  
So, I recommend this to anyone who loves bikers who are hot and real and anyone who loves fast paced action.  I obviously do not recommend this for children unless you're ready to discuss the birds and the bees and there is violence within these pages.  I honestly would recommend Ghost to anyone else.  

Book Rating: 5+ 
Book Cover:  Extremely hot 5+  

No comments:

Post a Comment