Saturday, August 18, 2018

A Gambler and A Bad Boy Oh my! My review of Brick by Daphne Loveling

Who grew up in a family that played cards almost every moment of my childhood?  Me?  Who also grew up around bikers and married into a family full of them?  Me.  Also, as a bonus...Who loves coffee and baking?  Me!  Who loves bad boys?  Again, me!  So, I am excited to say, this book had all of it.  
Brick is a bad biker boy who heated up the pages.  Sydney is a girl who knows all things gambler but gave it up and started a bakery/coffee shop.  Bonus, she's a red-head.  I loved this book.  Daphne Loveling is the Queen of M.C. Romance and she continued the series with a bang.  So far, I have enjoyed every single word of her books.  It is not simply the hot guys and the steamy sex.  She continues to show a story.  Each character has their own personality and that is why I can become involved.  Brick is stubbon and alpha and he drives me a little crazy because of his trust issues.  Sydney is hot-headed but sweet with her own secrets.  I was a cheerleader for these two from the beginning.  Mrs. Loveling has also made sure that you visit the characters from the other books.  You get to see how they've grown and even the children of the past books are growing!  They don't stay the same age, thank goodness so you get a sense of time passing.  Tanner Springs is well-developed and you actually get a sense of the town.  Also, the club life is shown well in these books.  So far, I have not found a book that I do not like in this series.  There was even a little heartbreak in this one.  Okay...I cried but that's part of a good book.  It pulls those emotions out of you.  
So, recommendations...I would recommend this to anyone who loves bikes, bullets, danger, love and adventure.  I do not recommend this for anyone under 18.  There is a fair amount of naughty behavior.  In other words, let's keep the kiddos young, don't let them see this book.  It's fair game for anyone else.

Book Cover Rating: A delicious 5+
Book rating: 5++

No comments:

Post a Comment