Sunday, August 12, 2018

A Musical Bad Boy...Oh Yes! My Review of Hawk by Daphne Loveling


Hawk is the second book from Daphne Loveling's Lords of Carnage Series.  I thoroughly enjoyed Ghost and Jenna's story and started this book with a great amount of optimism.  I like bad boys who ride motorcycles...I like bad boys who ride motorcycles and play the guitar even more.  From the very beginning, I adored Hawk and I really do like Samantha because she is fiery and independent and that is something that I look for in female characters.  The story gripped me from the beginning and not just because the main character is hot but he also has a heartwrenching back story that shows his sensitive side.  He's real and that means a lot to me when reading a book especially books with alpha males.  In other words, she doesn't make him a jerk.  Samantha is well-rounded, she's sensitive but she can also hold her own.  Yes, that means she's a bit stubborn but it's not overdone or annoying.  She's not whiny.  She can get things done on her own.  The biggest thing in the story that caught me was she supports him in a way that a lot of people wouldn't when starting a relationship.  I've fallen in love with the supporting characters and she does keep us well-informed about what is going on with Ghost and Jenna also.  There is a brotherhood there but there is also a sisterhood that is beginning with Jenna, Samantha and Jewel, who is the bartender for the club.  I like that she has taken her time and allowed the threats to the club to slowly build.  I definitely saw more of that in this book.  Because of that, there is no confusion about what is going on. 
So, I would recommend this book to anyone who loves bikers, romance, bad boys (some play instruments) and action.  I do not recommend this for anyone under eighteen.  There is some naughty play that's oh so nice but only for adults.

Book rating: 5+
Book Cover Rating: 5+  (Hawk is a very hot man.)

No comments:

Post a Comment