Saturday, July 5, 2014

Getting Romantic: My Review of The Bride and The Brute by Laurel O'Donnell


My review of The Bride and The Brute will start on shaky ground.  This is due to the fact that I am going to dive right into the criticism but please stay with me because the praise follows.  So, it's not as bad as you think.  My first criticism is that even though I went into this book realizing that it was a short story, I realized within the first two chapters that it needed to be longer.  There is too much going on too fast and you have to really force yourself to keep up with the pace of the romance.  Though the story wasn't destroyed by its length, it would have benefited from a longer telling.  Second and this is my last complaint, there were too many similes.  The scenes would have been perfect without their overuse.  They distracted me from what would otherwise be perfect scenes.  That's the end of my criticism.  I promise.  Now, let me get to the good stuff.
Jayce is an awesome character.  She is everything that you want in a heroine.  She is demure, sweet and kind but she's also stubborn and brave.  Reese is definitely book boyfriend material and he is definitely a brute.  I really enjoyed the characters and I even enjoyed the more minor characters in the story.  
The story line is wonderful with a naughty little twist.  I loved the romance.  I really didn't want the story to end so quickly though it was a beautiful story.  Though I do have some criticism of this book,  I do recommend for people who love romance and especially for those who want a quick read.

My rating: 3.5
Cover Rating: 4 

No comments:

Post a Comment