Saturday, September 15, 2018

I'm So Emotional Because of The Book of Eve by Julia Blake


Before I get to the review, I want to let everyone know, I do reviews on books I choose on my own.  However, because of facebook's new rules, I will allow someone to send me a request for a review because I am seeing less books on my timeline.  You can do that through messaging my facebook page.  I can not promise that I am going to review your book in a timely fashion or at all.  I will let you know if I put the book on my to be read.  I have a long to be read list but if your book is interesting to me I will read it.  My book tastes are eclectic and I read almost everything.  The reviews are honest reviews and I don't accept payment for them to keep them that way.  

Now for the review:
The Book of Eve came across my timeline a few months ago and I put it on my to be read list.  From the moment I opened this book my heart was pounding because it threw me back into my teen years when I discovered V.C. Andrews.  This book has all of the gothic mystery that made me realize how much I wanted to be a writer.  The twists and turns in it had me constantly guessing what was happening.  The symbolism is strong in this story.  Every single thing means something that only comes to light when the author wants it to be known.  Pay attention to everything, including the chapter titles.  The characters are multi-dimensional allowing the reader to peel back layer after layer of their personalities and pasts.  I love Eve, Scott, Annaleise, Mimi and all the others.  The Book of Eve had me knee deep in emotions and tissues.  Warning: You will need more than one box for this story.  The descriptions are vivid and Julia Blake's writing creates nostalgia that reminded me of days past even though the story is modern.  It is a book that after finishing, I held my Kindle to my chest, dazed with my heart pounding.  Julia Blake surprised me because usually I can figure out what's going on in a story within the first five chapters.  I did not figure out what happened until the end.
So, I recommend this book to anyone who likes gothic family dramas and mystery.  I do not recommend this for children because there are some scenes which have tragedy and sex.  

Book Cover: 5
Book Rating: 5+++  (Read it!  You won't regret it)      

No comments:

Post a Comment