Monday, December 14, 2015

Feeling Invincible with Cecily Anne Paterson's Invincible (Book 2) The Invisible Series



I am happy to be reviewing again and this time it is by the talented author Cecily Anne Paterson and her book Invincible which is the sequel to one of my favorite books Invisible of The Invisible Series.  So, I was really excited to get this book and if you haven't read my review of Invisible, please do.  
We start with the same setting as before with a teenage girl who lives in Australia.  She is fairly new at her school because her mother moved them around a lot because of a tragedy in their lives but thankfully, they have decided to stay after the events of the last book.  The setting still works really well for this book.  So, I'm glad that Mrs. Paterson didn't have Jazmine move again.  So, we are able to start this book where the other left off.  
The characters are still wonderful.  I love Jazmine and I love her friends.  The author has a wonderful way of making her characters real with real problems.  Unfortunately, I was a little confused when it came to Liam.  You get to know him in the book before and the changes he goes through within a matter of weeks don't make sense because you do not expect his actions in the second book.  It seems kind of forced. I wish there had been some clues to his personality in the first book.  For example, with Gabby you saw her actions coming but for Liam it was a surprise.  For someone who didn't read the book before this one, you wouldn't notice but I did so I noticed.  It's the only real complaint I have characterwise.  
Now, the plot was a little sticky but it goes back to the surprising actions of Liam and it was because I had to switch from seeing him as one person to seeing him as another very quickly.  However, once I was able to see him that way, the plot was easier to take in.  The other parts of the plot were perfection.  I loved it.  There was real emotion within them and I was able to experience everything with those characters.  I do like the message behind the plot.  I just wish there had been more signs pointing to what was about to happen.  I think it would have helped the message also.
This book is still enjoyable.  I still loved it.  I will be recommending it especially to young girls.  The messages in it are important to any teenage girl.  I recommend this book to anyone who likes clean books with a healthy dose of sentiment.  I also recommend it to anyone who likes books with dramatic flare.  

My rating: 4 stars
Book Cover Rating: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment