Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Falling for the God of Mischief…My Review of Mischief’s Mate by Nicolette Scarletti


I am back again and this time, I have read Mischief’s Mate by Nicolette Scarletti.  It is the gripping tale of Loki and Chantelle and is a delightful twist on the tales of Gods, Goddesses and magical realms.
                So, I will start with the setting.  The setting is in a few places that range from Asgard to Washington State.  I know that’s a big difference but with magical fantasies such as these, it’s good to have a range of places.  I loved the fact that there was modern mixed with a time of old.  It gave a good atmosphere for the story. 
                The characters were all vibrant.  I loved Chantelle.  She was strong but had a heart that was easy to relate to.  Loki made me fall in love with him.  He was all alpha male…She is mine but then, I saw his sweet side and melted completely into a puddle at his feet.  The supporting character are wonderful.  I love Emma, Frigga, Bells and all the rest.  Nicolette Scarletti does really well at creating interesting and realistic characters.  On the same subject, I hate her villain.  Isn’t that what I’m supposed to do.  So, she did a wonderful job on all of it.
                Now, for the plot.  It is hot.  I love the chemistry between Loki and Chantelle.  There is a good dose of want in the story and love but the electricity between Loki and Chantelle is heartwarming.  I loved every minute of it.  The backstory is heartbreaking and makes Loki all the more appealing.  Whether he would like anyone admitting it, you saw his vulnerability in it.
                So, do I recommend this book?  Run...Power-type…Whatever you have to do to get this book.  It is wonderful.  Do I recommend it for children?  No because some of the scenes are too hot for them to touch.  Everyone else should get it. 
My rating: 5 ++++++++++

My book cover rating: 5  

No comments:

Post a Comment