Sunday, January 25, 2015

Getting Familiar With Murder with Classmate Murders by Bob Moats





When I decided to read this book, I wasn't too sure about it.  Still, I tend to finish what I begin and so, I began the book with a bit of skeptic caution and I am happy to say that I did finish it and it was different than what I thought it would be.
First, the setting of the book is nice and it definitely shows you both the classier world and the underground of a city.  This is what I expect from a good mystery.  You want to see both worlds and Bob Moats does do that.
The characters have a sense of humor and that balances well with the darkness of the book.  In other words, you aren't kept in a perpetual state of gloom even though there are murders galore in the book.  I would also like to state that all of the characters are wonderful.  Yes, that includes the always grouchy Trapper.  I even have a favorite.  I also must thank Mr. Moats for including a positive spin on bikers.  I'm married to one so you won't be surprised to learn that Buck is my favorite character. Also, I am so happy to find older main characters.  Sometimes, people forget how refreshing that is.  
The story is great.  I loved the premise of it and it kept me engaged with each new development.  I found that the story never really dragged and I was always interested.  
Now, for the only unpleasant part of this review.  This is the only reason that this story did not get a five star review.  The story really does need editing.  If Mr. Moats reads this I would be happy to point him to the right direction because I do believe the talent is there.    Usually, I do not say anything about editing but this story needed it so much that it was distracting.  However, I still loved the story and Mr. Moats talent of storytelling is there.  
I would recommend this book for lovers of a good murder mystery.  I would not recommend this for people who are easily distracted by grammar.  

My Rating: 3.8
My Book Cover Rating: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment